Buckwheat, Cherry & Walnut Granola
With a combination of California walnuts, sour cherries and buckwheat, this homemade granola packs a flavourful punch that will put shop-bought alternatives to shame. Prep ahead and store in an airtight jar for a delicious breakfast option.
- 230g buckwheat groats
- 90ml coconut oil
- 40g cocoa powder
- 120ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 230g oats
- 100g California walnuts, roughly chopped
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 100g sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the buckwheat groats into a large dry frying pan over a medium heat and toast for 6-8 minutes, or until the grains are lightly toasted and golden.
- In a small pan melt the coconut oil over a low heat until clear and liquid. Stir in the cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt.
- Mix together the oats, groats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sour cherries in a large bowl. Pour over the melted coconut oil mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spread out in a thin layer onto 1 or 2 baking trays lined with baking parchment and toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until dried and forming clusters.
- Leave to cool and pour into an airtight storage jar to store.