California Walnut, Camembert and Grape Tray Bake
This showstopper tray bake is the perfect sharer among friends. It’s a real crowd pleaser and the crunch of the walnuts when dipped in the creamy melted Camembert is divine, with the California walnuts and grapes working together to cut through the richness of the Camembert, while providing an indulgent and overall delicious dish.
- 150g ciabatta
- Small bunch of rosemary
- 1 Camembert
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Splash of white wine
- 500g black grapes, broken into small bunches
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 130g California walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Tear the ciabatta into large chunks and thread two or three chunks onto the rosemary sticks.
- Remove the wax paper from the Camembert and score the top with a cross hatch pattern using a sharp knife, stud with a little of the rosemary and garlic, splash over a little wine and place either back in the box, or in a Camembert baker.
- Arrange all the ingredients (except the California walnuts) on a baking tray with the Camembert at the centre. Drizzle everything with the olive oil, honey and sherry vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then sprinkle over the California walnuts and bake for a further 10 minutes - or until the walnuts are golden brown and the grapes have released some of their juices.
- Place the tray directly onto the table to serve, dipping the walnuts, bread and grapes into the gooey Camembert.