Walnut and Apple Bircher Pots
A delicious way to use up leftover grounds from homemade California walnut drink, these fruity bircher pots can be prepped the night before – grab for breakfast and go!
- 1 ½ apples
- 4 tbsp of California walnut grounds (a great way to use up left overs from homemade walnut drink)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 70g porridge oats
- 400ml walnut drink (see our recipes page for more info)
- 15g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 20g toasted California walnuts, roughly chopped
- Grate 1 apple, discarding the core. Place in a bowl with the walnut grounds, cinnamon, oats and walnut drink and leave to soak overnight.
- Spoon the bircher into 2 bowls.
- Chop the remaining apple into matchsticks, then top the bircher with the apple matchsticks, apricots and walnuts to serve.