Raw Walnut Flapjacks
These no-bake flapjacks combine the flavours of California walnuts, figs, orange and cranberry for a mouthwatering snack or dessert – perfect for lunchboxes, picnics and elevenses.
- 100g dried figs
- 120g California walnuts, plus 16 whole walnuts to garnish
- 150g oats
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g flaxseed
- 100g medjool dates
- 40ml maple syrup
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 60g dried cranberries
- Grease a small, square, deep sided baking tray with a little coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
- Place the figs in a small bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover them and leave to soak for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, place the 120g of walnuts and half the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are the texture of course sand.
- Add the orange zest, flaxseed, medjool dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and drained soaked figs to the food processor. Process until the mixture comes together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the remaining oats and cranberries, kneading them in with your hands.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture into the corners.
- Place into the fridge to set for around 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
- Cut into 16 squares using a sharp knife and place a walnut on top of each square to serve.