Smoky Rosemary and Chilli Walnuts
Salty, smoky and spicy, these toasted California walnuts are perfect served with drinks, at dinner parties, or to have ready as a tasty snack when at work.
- 200g California walnuts
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Tamari soy sauce
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- A pinch of smoked sea salt
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment, place the walnuts and pumpkin seeds on the tray, and roast in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, paprika, soy sauce, rosemary, salt and chilli flakes in a small bowl and drizzle over the nuts and seeds, tossing to coat.
- Place back in the oven and roast for 5-6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Place in an airtight jar to store.