Wasabi & California Walnut Trail Mix
For those who enjoy a little bit of heat, this trail mix is the snack for you. Spicy, sweet and delicious, you can enjoy this while chilling out in front of the telly, or keep a tin of it in your bag for when hunger hits whilst you’re out and about.
- 30ml maple syrup
- 15ml soy sauce
- 3tsp wasabi paste (or 2 tsp wasabi powder)
- Small pinch of garlic powder
- 200g California walnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, wasabi and garlic powder. Toss the mixture with the California walnuts and pumpkin seeds to evenly coat, then spread out over the baking tray in a single layer.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted to perfection. Leave to cool then store in an airtight jar.