Whether it’s cruising the coastline, chasing the sun, or snacking on naturally wholesome nibbles, there are plenty of ways you can turn California dreaming into California living. Check out our five top tips below to kick-start living life in Cali-style…
1. King of the road: Road trips were practically invented in California. Whilst we don’t have the Pacific Coast Highway or sights like the Golden Gate Bridge, Yosemite National Park and Highway One, the UK does boast some road trip-worthy destinations. Cruise along Scotland’s renowned North Coast 500, up the mountainous Peak District or through the iconic counties of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall via The Atlantic Highway for unforgettable drives. Don’t forget to pack delicious and nutritious car snacks to keep you going – our Smoky Rosemary and Chilli Walnuts fit the bill.
2. Seas the day: Nothing screams Cali-living more than a day on the beach riding the waves. Surfing is no mean feat, but you can’t beat that unforgettable feeling of the wind in your hair and the sun on your face. With 11,000 miles of coastline, the UK is blessed with some epic surf spots – Croyde in North Devon and Fistral Beach are top of our list.
3. Worry less and get active: Californians are known for their laid-back approach to life. Health and wellness are something we all desire but it’s easy to prioritise everything else – work, socialising and catching up on Netflix. Plan ahead and pick a day dedicated to your favourite activity – whether that’s taking a stroll in your local park or enjoying a spot of rooftop yoga, you’ll be feeling relaxed and happy in no time.
4. Feeding the mind: Filling yourself up with delicious foods is a sure way to feel like a Cali-local – you’ve got to top up energy levels with all that travelling and exercise after all! For a naturally nutritious snack on the go, try a handful of California walnuts. Packed full of plant-based omega-3s, all you need is 30g a day to help keep your heart and mind healthy. Naturally creamy and delicious, thanks to the sun-dappled orchards they’re grown in, California walnuts are a satisfying and versatile snack, so why not have the best?
5. Beach you to it: California is hands down one of the most beautiful places to visit thanks to the stunning beaches. For golden sands closer to home, head to Brighton or Bournemouth with blankets (it’s England after all), great food and a beach ball, and you’ll be feeling like a Cali local in no time.